[icecast] reencoding vorbis ogg's on the fly

Warren J. Beckett warren at a-generic.com
Thu May 20 23:12:05 UTC 2004

G'day

I have the following issue that perhaps one of you fine persons can shed
some light on.

Problem:  When changing from one mount to another( move client admin
function ) , or different song in a play list using ezstream the client
( winamp, xmms, jlgui ) will sometime pause to either rebuffer, or stop
completely.

Possible Solution. To ensure Icecast sends one continuous stream.

So here lies my problem. I thought about using Muse, but the current
stable version does not support a streaming ogg source.  The CVS version
does support vorbis ogg but is not stable.

Would there be any other way of achieving something similar?

Cheers,

Warren