[icecast] Icecast 2.0 in OS X Server?

Ian Andrew Bell hello at ianbell.com
Tue May 11 01:16:10 UTC 2004

Thanks Ralph;

Maybe it's me.  I wiped out my whole /var/libvorbis directory, dropped
in a new one from the libvorbis-1.0.1.tar.gz file including all the
subdirectories, and edited /var/libvorbis/examples/Makefile.fm as
instructed.  I then ran ./configure without difficulty, then ran make
again, which started afresh but still ended up with the same error:

gcc -DDARWIN -fno-common -force_cpusubtype_ALL -Wall -g -O4 -ffast-math
-fsigned-char -DUSE_MEMORY_H -static -o decoder_example
decoder_example.o  ../lib/.libs/libvorbis.a -lm /usr/local/lib/libogg.a
ld: can't locate file for: -lcrt0.o
make[1]: *** [decoder_example] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
[ibiza:/var/libvorbis] pulverradio#

I was sudo'd when performing all of these commands.

I'm getting pretty desperate.  I don't need to make any modifications
to the already-installed libogg do I?

-Ian.