[icecast] alias mount points

MacSym macsym69 at yahoo.fr
Wed May 5 17:23:18 UTC 2004

Hi everybody,

I think this is a very interesting idea. I would like to share my server
with other DJs by providing them a mountpoint but I would like them to be
able create a login on a webpage with a password. The mountpoint would be
/<login>.ogg or /<login>.mp3 and the password would be the same they chose
on a webpage. I guess the login/pass information would be stored in a DB.

Of course, I wouldn't have to restart the server each time a new DJ is
signing up or is changing his password. Maybe Icecast could read the config
file every hour (to check any change) without restarting.

Is it possible to do? If so, how can I do that?

Thanks in advance,

Macsym