[icecast] alias mount points

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Wed May 5 16:02:26 UTC 2004

> Is it possible to have alias mounts similar say to a unix symbolic link?
> Where /alias.ogg points to another mount? What the alias points to can
> be moved around and the listers just track what it is currently pointing
> to?

It's an intresting idea.  I almost implemented this years ago when I
wanted to do a "scan" channel.  Basically it would give you 30 seconds
of each stream and loop.

I'm not sure sophisticated logic is really appropriate in Icecast, but
perhaps this can be done with a bit of scripting.  Maybe it's time to
put a python interpreter into icecast like we sort of did back in the
1.2/1.3 days.  Then users could implement logic like this without us
having to code it up everytime wanted some slight tweak like this.

jack.