[icecast] Clients are filling up all my slots.....

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Wed May 5 15:19:23 UTC 2004

> Sure, there are clients actually listeing too, but I do not
> beleive that some are listening for hundreds of hours :)
> What I would like is a 6 to 12 hours max connection time
> pr. client. After that, they have to reconnect....

Why don't we start by trying to track down the bug which is the root of
the problem? :)

I don't really see how this is possible though.  The clients are able to
'get behind' but at a certain point if they are really disconnected,
they can't receive any data (even if they never tell us they are
disconnected, say if the power cord got ripped out of the wayy), so when
a client got behind past the threshhold (this was 10-15 'blocks' iirc)
then icecast automatically removed them, since they weren't fast enough
to keep up.

This sounds like a failure in the fallback logic somewhere.  Do you have
fallback turned on?

jack.