[icecast] Clients are filling up all my slots.....

Staale Lorentzen staale at genuity.no
Wed May 5 13:32:03 UTC 2004

Hello there.
I run a police scanner station with icecast2 and darkice.
In this age of broadband, many users are quite sloppy
when it comes to turning off their client when they're done
listening. Consequently all available slots are filled up
after a few days. I then have to restart the whole service,
or manually kill the top-20-or-so users.

Would it be possible to have a time limit for every client,
or can I solve this in any other way?

--
Ståle Lorentzen