[icecast] Mutiple Sources

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Mar 31 01:20:41 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 07:32, Steve Wakelin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running icecast with great success and Simplecast as the content
> source.
>
> I have already having multiple sources using different ports, to
> increase the security I would like to allocate each source a different
> password.
>
> The documentation is a little unclear as to whether a different username
> is required for each password, the Simplecast program does not allow me
> to configure a username.
>
> Is this possible?

Given the login protocol icecast2 uses, a username is _always_ required.
However, if not configured, icecast will use "source" as the username - and
clients that don't allow configuring this will send it by default.

So if you a) configure the username as "source", or b) don't configure the
username at all, things should work correctly.

Mike