[icecast] No sound (ices-2.0.0, RH9)

Pierre Lazuly lazuly at rezo.net
Sat Mar 27 09:23:25 UTC 2004

Hello,

I've successfully installed Icecast 2.0.0 and Ices 2.0.0 on a Compaq
EvoN600C running Redhat 9. Everything runs quite well (no error loggued by
Icecast or Ices), the Ices stream is seen as a source by Icecast and friends
are able to listen to my radio (I see them as listeners in Icecast admin)...
the problem is that they ear only silence ! Looks like the streaming is OK
but Ices could not find the music.

My XMMS is running, playing songs I can ear, and Ices log looks happy with
my audio device, as it logs :
input-oss/oss_open_module Opened audio device /dev/dsp at 1 channel(s),
44100 Hz

Any idea ?

Thanks,
Pierre