[icecast] Helix into Icecast2 loopback

samurai.fm info at samurai.fm
Mon Mar 22 04:39:57 UTC 2004

Hello.

I've made some progress on the issue. I found a tool called TrPlayer which
is a text mode front end for real player - initially developed for the use
of the visually impaired. The theory is that I can use this and pipe the
live stream into vsound which then in turn is passed into ices or another
source client. Trouble is, I'm having all sorts of trouble compiling
Trplayer on the latest RedHat... something about __pure_virtual being an
undefined symbol...??

Regarding Helix, I am using a Real server not the Helix Community open
source version. The real version is incredibly easy to install and
administrate and you can pick up a free working version with a stream cap at
1mbps from the realnetworks website. I haven't got around to compiling the
open source version but from what I've heard it is efficient and worth
looking into.

Hash