[icecast] Does icecast call home

Jason L webby at seneca-rez.net
Sat Mar 20 00:15:07 UTC 2004

Does icecast call home, the reason I ask is if you look at the following image.   http://redhat.seneca-rez.net/router.jpg

You will see the blue line which is the upload rate from my router. when I run icecast it does this every 3-5 seconds. I thought maybe it was icecast updating the YP but I totally removed that section from my config file and even restarted the computer.  I thought it may be simplecast but I shut it down and it still goes on. it only stops if I stop the icecast server. Can someone tell me why?