[icecast] announcement

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Fri Mar 12 00:38:45 UTC 2004

On Friday 12 March 2004 11:18, HidayahOnline.org Admin wrote:
> Karl Heyes wrote:
> >After far too long under development and testing, this is to announce
> >the release Ices 2.0.0.
>
> What do you guys have against Win32, anyway?  :-p

I was the original author of ices2, though Karl is now doing most of the
development.

My intent in writing ices2 was to keep it largely portable. This generally
means "it could be ported to windows, if someone motivated and smart wanted
to do so". I don't have a legal copy of windows (and the MSVC++ version I
have is more than a little out of date), so I can't do that port. I don't
think Karl does any windows development either.

So, in short: we don't have anything _against_ win32, and a port would be very
welcome. However, we don't have the resources ourselves to implement that
port.

Mike