[icecast] Ices2; Metadata and special chars - SOLVED

Thomas Weber thomas at youngarts.org
Thu Mar 4 05:09:59 UTC 2004

I just had contact with an ices-developer about this issue.

This is not a bug in ices, it is a documentation-bug. What the documentation
not says is, that the metadata should be sent in UTF-8 encoding. Simply
change from Ascii to UTF-8 and ALL esoteric characters will be sent, i've
just tested this.