[icecast] Adding metadata to listeners?

Talley, Brooks brooks at frnk.com
Tue Mar 2 20:14:07 UTC 2004

I'm hoping that it's somehow possible to provide additional metadata
information to be associated with listeners as seen from
/admin/listclients?mount=/whatever.

Ideally, I'd love to be able to pass in key pairs in the querystring and
have them appear in the resulting XML.  For instance,
http://icecast.domain.com:8000/stream?userID=1234 , and then have that
data available in the XML as an entity, like <userID>1234</userID>

The idea here is to integrate with an exisitng web application and
provide the ability to show "Who's listening".  Of course, I realize
that savvy users could tweak the system by manually building URL's, but
for my purposes that's not a problem.

Is there any way to accomplish something like this?

Cheers
-Brooks