[Icecast] Statistics Relay

Keith L. E. Phillips keith16
Wed Jun 9 19:32:20 UTC 2004

Hello again:

Though you suggested in subsequent reply email that the problem may sit with
the SAM2 Broadcaster application I done some additional testing and wanted
to run the results by you. I am able to reproduce the problem and see what I
would consider odd activities on the Icecast2 windows application.

Here goes:

1) Connect and start one stream from SAM2 --> Icecast2
2) Connect statistic relay from SAM2 --> Icecast2 and all is fine
3) Click on Icecast2 windows interface tab Source Level Stats and stream and
related data is displayed constantly and updates immediately when listeners
come and go. Using Icecast2 web interface everything looks fine, one stream
displayed with listener count.
4) Connect and start a second stream from SAM2 --> Icecast2
5) Click on Icecast2 windows interface tab Source Level Stats and both
streams and related data is displayed constantly and updates immediately
when listeners come and go. Using Icecast2 web interface everything looks
fine, two streams displayed with listener count.
6) Stop second stream
7) Icecast2 web interface displays two streams, one active and the second
"stream not currently available" as one would expect.
8) Click on Icecast2 windows interface tab Source Level Stats and stream and
related data is no longer displayed constantly and blanks out after three
seconds. Clicking on the stream returns data for a brief period of time and
then blanks out after three seconds.
9) A short time later the SAM2 application errors out with the "Inactive
(Error parsing xml document: Invalid at the top level of the
document.||||Line: 1||empty result)" even though there is still only one
stream.
10) Stop Icecast2 server and restart.
11) Click on Icecast2 windows interface tab Source Level Stats and stream
and related data is displayed constantly and updates immediately when
listeners come and go without any blanking out . Using Icecast2 web
interface everything looks fine again, one stream displayed with listener
count.

This is reproducible so I wonder is there is a bug with Icecast2. What do
you think?

Regards

Keith