[Icecast] Java Examples

oddsock oddsock
Fri Jul 30 20:09:39 UTC 2004

<4109E47F.2090701 at kezako.net>
<BAY16-DAV20Kj5ZWymo00028840 at hotmail.com>

At 06:19 PM 7/30/2004, you wrote:
>Let me clarify this a bit more.  I need to use a Java stream as the source
>for a user audio clip, rather than a directory of ogg files or a live ogg
>stream from a radio station.  I need to server up audio clips from Java.
>
>I am confused as to the big picture.  How does Icecast tell my Java Servlet
>what it needs to serve up?  What is the protocol?  How does it say I need
>xxx.ogg to the Java Servlet?
I think you have it backwards...the general flow is as follows :

playlist (mp3/vorbis/etc) ---> source client (ices/ezstream/oddcast/etc)
---> icecast ------> listener1...N

Given this, In your case you might be substituting the "playlist" part for
your serlvet...but then you'd have to find a source client (or modify one)
to get it's stream data from your serlvet.  Of course, I may not be
understanding what exactly your servlet actually does...

oddsock