[Icecast] ices2 routinely abandons one of its streams

Karl Heyes karl
Wed Jul 14 04:50:20 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 08:42, Frederic Briere wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm in charge of an ices2 setup that's broadcasting a local radio
> station on the Net, and I'm currently under fire because one of our
> streams has been down twice in two days, forcing me to restart ices2 on
> each occasion.  Our client is understandably unhappy about this.

This is probably a case where error recovery on a network problem is not
handled good enough at the moment.  If you want something to try out
then the ices/libshout changes I did some time ago handles these cases
far better.

tarballs on

http://mediacast1.com/~karl/libshout-2.0-kh30.tar.bz2
http://mediacast1.com/~karl/ices-2.0-kh59.tar.bz2

They are both in svn now, and various bits are being merged into trunk.
libshout is API compatible to trunk but ices requires some small changes
to your existing xml, the examples in conf should show the differences
easy enough.

karl