[Icecast] other encoders?

Kerry Cox kerry.cox
Fri Jul 9 13:36:34 UTC 2004

Just doing a bit of research here. I hope it is not too off topic.
1) Is anyone using any other type of audio encoding utility *other than*
LAME?
2) If so, how compatible have you found it to be with your streaming
utilities, i.e. ices, liveice-ng, darkice, etc?
3) What other platforms have you been able to run these utilities
successfully?
I am not planning on migrating, but doing due dilligence to convince
management that we need to stay on Linux. I am keeping an open mind and
would like to know how well other utilities work on various platforms.
Thanks.
KJ

--
|         Kerry J. Cox, Ph.D.         __     kerry.cox at ksl.com    |