[Icecast] Playing a file before live stream

Christoph Rupp crupp
Tue Jul 6 10:07:37 UTC 2004

Myke Place wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My sincere apologies if this topic has appeared on the mailing list
> before, (as I'm sure it probably has) but the xiph.org archive function
> is still broken so I can't search.
>
> At any rate, I'd like to know if it is possible, using Icecast2, to play
> a short .mp3 or .ogg file before a live stream is delivered. I'm not
> sure how to do this, or if it is even possible. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Myke,

if you offer a m3u file for download on your webpage, you could insert a
link to a static file as the first entry, and then the link to the life
stream as the second entry:

i.e.:

http://my.host.com/files/static.ogg
http://my.host.com:8000/live