[icecast] YP Server Woes

Paul snafu at forkbomb.dhs.org
Fri Jan 30 17:54:49 UTC 2004

oddsock wrote:
> At 08:42 AM 1/24/2004, you wrote:

>> (http://www.oddsock.org/cgi-bin/yp-cgi)
>> [snip]
>
> looks like your problem is listing at www.oddsock.org, not
> dir.xiph.org...I did have some major site problems this weekend but that
> should all be resolved at this point...

Yes, I intended on publishing to both. When I found out neither were
working I disabled one to help dissect the situation.

>> I'm using curl 7.10.8/gcc 3.3.2 (if that data helps).
>
> what exactly are you using curl for ? not sure how this relates to your
> problem..

Icecast2 requires curl to contact the YP server does it not?

Would you be able to tell me if I had even reached your server from here
(209.87.241.190). No rush, it's not a priority, I'd just like to figure
out the problem.

--
"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."
Paul <snafu at forkbomb.dhs.org>