[icecast] mp3 encoding?

Bryan Walls Bryan.Walls at nasa.gov
Mon Jan 26 22:25:08 UTC 2004

What are the current good options for encoding a live stream in icecast format?

I know about ices 0.3 for Unices, and WinAmp/Oddcast for Windows. Is
there a current good option for Macintosh? How about using any of the
encoders with QuickTime, Real, or Windows Media?

With WinAmp/Oddcast, if I use the latest versions, I can't currently
set it up to reboot to automatically start streaming. It used to
work, but I think that fell out of the code. Any ETA on it coming
back?

--
Bryan Walls                             My words are not NASA policy.
Bryan.Walls at nasa.gov        	       (256)544-3311voice,544-8752fax