[icecast] YP Server Woes

Paul S. snafu at forkbomb.dhs.org
Sat Jan 24 14:42:20 UTC 2004

I'm having a problem getting my stream published on dir.xiph.org using
icecast2/ices2-beta4

The output in my log is:
[snip]
DBUG geturl/curl_print_header_result SID -> ()
DBUG geturl/curl_print_header_result Message -> ()
DBUG geturl/curl_print_header_result Touch Freq -> (0)
DBUG geturl/curl_print_header_result Response -> (0)
EROR yp/yp_submit_url Got a NAK from yp_add(Unknown)
(http://www.oddsock.org/cgi-bin/yp-cgi)
[snip]

I'm using curl 7.10.8/gcc 3.3.2 (if that data helps).

It's a bit perplexing. My icecast.xml contains the following string for
the yp server:

     <directory>
         <yp-url-timeout>15</yp-url-timeout>
         <yp-url><a href="http://dir.xiph.org/cgi-bin/yp-cgi</yp-url">http://dir.xiph.org/cgi-bin/yp-cgi</yp-url</a>>
     </directory>

And the ices2 config contains <yp>1</yp>

Is this an issue with chroot maybe? (I'm using icecast chroot).

-P