[icecast] Streaming MP3 and OGG with one Ices

Adon Irani adon at yorku.ca
Wed Jan 21 21:47:01 UTC 2004

> This is of course, the opposite of what you want to be doing. :)
>
> Personally, I'd think re-encoding all your files is a better use of time than porting mp3 support
> to ices2.

and this way you can use ogg for archives . you can still transcode an mp3
stream on the fly for compatibility if need be .. (transcoder works quite
well i've found .. it's a little difficult to automate due to timing , but
it works very well once its set correctly ) .

a.

(this is how i've got it on http://theDV8network.com , you can request a
show and it'll broadcast both the hi/low quality oggs and transcode an mp3
on the fly -- i can only run two channels tho , as the transcoding
requires a fair bit of processing power )