[icecast] Streaming MP3 and OGG with one Ices

Richard Airlie richard at darq.net
Wed Jan 21 18:14:25 UTC 2004

Hello.
I understand that ices 0.3 is capable of streaming mp3 to an Icecast 2
server, and that ices 2 is capable of streaming ogg to an Icecast 2
server, but what I'm really after is a single version of ices that can
stream mp3 and ogg to an Icecast 2 server. Does such a thing exist?

Currently 90% of my audio files are mp3, but I am starting to use ogg
instead for new files. However as it looks like I can't have both
ogg and mp3 in an ices playlist, I am forced to go with mp3 as thats
what the majority of my existing content is.

Any suggestions appreciated!  I am not averse to getting my hands dirty
and taking the mp3-handling stuff from ices 0.3 and trying to fit it
into ices 2, if that may be reasonably possible?

thankyou
Richard