[icecast] Comments and Praise

Jason L webby at seneca-rez.net
Fri Jan 16 10:45:09 UTC 2004

I love Icecast, as soon as I seen there was a windows version I dropped shoutcast.

I'm part of a large group of people who broadcast police scanners from all over North America  and it's mostly done using the winamp/shoutcast combo.  I've told everyone I know (some big yahoo groups) about icecast and they all love it because there is no huge delay like there is with shoutcast.

I use Simplecast to capture and send to the server and it works like a charm with icecast.

PS. Is there any php scripts for interaction with icecast2?