[icecast] Oddcast not working with WinAmp 5.01

Christopher G djmoguta at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 13 03:25:58 UTC 2004

I recently reformatted & reinstalled Windows98.  Oddly, only now after a
fresh re-install has Oddcast been behaving badly with WinAmp 5.01.

It shows up in the DSP catagory as a mirror of the previous plugin, plus
"[dsp_oddcast_v2.dll]".  I know Oddcast isn't configurable by the WinAmp
Configure Plugin button, but it shouldn't give this message when I try:
http://www.geocities.com/dj_moguta/oddcast_error.png (Geocities being
Geocities, you must copy/paste that into your URL bar, or Save Target As)

I have tried uninstalling Oddcast (and deleting all leftover files) and then
reinstalling Oddcast a few times, but each time the result is exactly the
same.  What's going wrong?

It worked perfectly with WinAmp 5 before the reformat.  ;_;