[icecast] Announcing Version 2.0.0 of Icecast

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Thu Jan 8 15:19:02 UTC 2004

After many years of development and testing, icecast has finally moved to
2.0.0.

What's new in 2.0 ?

   * completely rewritten codebase from 1.x - highly efficient and low
memory usage.
   * addition of new media types (Ogg Vorbis) and a framework to add new
ones easier. Icecast still supports MP3 streaming as well  including
shoutcast-style metadata)
   * a web-based administration interface
   * supports listing in stream directories
   * new relay system
   * stability - icecast 2.0.0 has been tested extremely thoroughly.
   * many other features!

Additionally, for the occasion we have done a rewrite of the icecast.org
website and have new features on tap for both icecast and the website.

We would like to personally thank anyone who has contributed so far to the
development and testing of icecast, without such a cooperative effort, we
would never have gotten this far..

icecast development team