[icecast] Direct URL

MacSym macsym69 at yahoo.fr
Sun Feb 29 06:47:58 UTC 2004

Hi Jason,

I am not sure I understand your question, but just as Shoutcast, you can set
up a direct link to your stream in Icecast like:

http://youricecastserver:port/mountpoint.

For example: http://myradio:8000/live.ogg or http://myradio:8000/live.mp3.

If you don't like this kind of link, you can easily set up a script in
Javascript that would redirect the user to the stream. Let's say you call
this page "jump_to_stream.htm", the code would be:

<head>

<title>Jump to my Radio</title>

</head>

<BODY