[icecast] XML statistics?

HidayahOnline.org Admin admin at hidayahonline.org
Thu Feb 26 16:42:09 UTC 2004

Michael H. Collins wrote:

> I have no prob seeing stats with mozilla.  Icecast has come so far in
> a year.  Last year at this time there was no need for stats. hehe  We
> were just glad to get the stream out.
>

> HidayahOnline.org Admin wrote:
>

>>> This stats file is a sort of "virtual file", created by icecast on
>>> demand. It doesn't live on the filesystem at any point.
>>>
>>> You can request it from the server using
>>> http://server:port/admin/stats.xml
>>>
>>> Can you suggest some text for the documentation that would clarify
>>> this?
>>>
>>> Mike

For further clarification, I missed that Mike had references
"stats.xml", which I read, simply, as "stats.xsl".  I was only going to
.xsl, before.  Both "/stats" and "/stats.xml" produce the appropriate
XML file I have been seeking.  I am now successfully displaying
Title/Artist (in this case, reciter, not really artist) on the front
page of my site.

This XML stuff is really neat.  :)

And, in reference to Chup's comments, I didn't mean to be disrespectful
in any way, i.e., "I PAID NOTHING FOR THIS SOFTWARE, SO WHY DOESN'T IT
WORK LIKE THE $4,000 REALAUDIO SERVER!"  I hope I didn't come off that
way.  ;)