[icecast] XML statistics?

HidayahOnline.org Admin admin at hidayahonline.org
Thu Feb 26 06:27:53 UTC 2004

>This stats file is a sort of "virtual file", created by icecast on demand. It
>doesn't live on the filesystem at any point.
>
>You can request it from the server using http://server:port/admin/stats.xml
>
>Can you suggest some text for the documentation that would clarify this?
>
>Mike

Well, I still don't get an XML file when I visit that page on my
server.  Granted, all the information that is in the file is there,
however, I can't use PHP's nifty XML parsing tools to get that information.

To clarify the point, I would advise simply not using an XML file to
represent the data, unless such a file is indeed attainable, whether
actually existing on the file system or not.  If a file like this can be
generated at a given URL or by a command to the server, that would also
be neato, but if nothing like the really exists, I would advise
re-writing the page without the XML at all.

All of this is assuming that I am understanding what you are saying - in
that, whomever wrote the documentation simply used XML as a way to
present the data.  I would suggest, rather, a screen-shot of the actual
page, or what the actual page looks like.