[icecast] Problem with livice

Joe Jones joe_jones64 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 25 18:15:05 UTC 2004

Trying to get livice to work on my FreeBSD system..major 'n00b' so bear with
me :D

/local/liveice/temp.playlist
...... done
setup_pipes()...
Initialising pipes for stream 0
Successfuly set up fifo .liveice_temp_files/raw.pipe0
Successfuly set up fifo .liveice_temp_files/mpeg.pipe0
.... done.
encode()...
hola, encoding...
4
opening connection to 10.0.0.3 8001
Created Socket pair
Attempting to Contact Server
connection successful: forking process
alarm timeout signal
Closing Soundcard

53063:Error: unable to open mpeg pipe

at which point it just hangs there doing nothing.