[icecast] Seeking in a static icecast stream

HidayahOnline.org Admin admin at hidayahonline.org
Tue Feb 24 02:30:44 UTC 2004

I currently utilize Icecast on my website, but I am looking for the same
kind of functionality as I get with realaudio server when I stream
static content - namely, the ability to seek, show the time remaining,
etc, especially with Vorbis audio.

I realize the intent of Icecast is to serve mainly live, streaming
content (or at least radio-style content), but I utilize it mostly for
streaming static files already on my webserver.

Does anyone have any tips on whether or not this is at all possible with
Icecast, and/or if there are any other open-source projects (barring the
Helix DNA server project), that would offer this on a WinXP platform?

Thanx in advance!