[icecast] streaming ogg and mp3 on the same machine

Kerry Cox kerry.cox at ksl.com
Thu Feb 19 20:44:03 UTC 2004

I have been able to successfully stream ogg vorbis as both a playlist
and as a live stream off my icecast2 server here using port 8000. Works
great.
I can also stream MP3 live audio using darkice and icecast2 off the same
box using port 8001.
But I have been unable to create a situation where I can stream *both"
ogg and mp3 off the same machine. I have even created a new icecast
directory to store the darkice and mp3 configs.
I'm looking to minimize the number of servers currently running. ANyone
had luck getting this to work?
Thanks.
KJ

--