[icecast] [FWD: Unable to login to icecast with liveice???]

EvilOverlord eviloverlord at kucs.net
Wed Feb 18 01:03:02 UTC 2004

Scott Manley wrote:

> Geoff Shang wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> Unless anyone's released an update, liveice does not work with icecast2.
>>
>> If you just want something to read from the soundcard, maybe darkice
>> is for
>> you.  Or, since you're using XMMS, try oddcast DSP for XMMS (visit
>> oddsock.org).
>>
>> Geoff.
>

> Sorry no update for liveice - If only I had spare time to support it
> right now but wroking in computer security these days is crazy....

AFAIK liveice isn't a supported project anymore.  So I've taken it upon
myself to make it work and I'm about to release something called
liveice-sn, which is an updated version to support Icecast2 style login
as well as Icecast1.  Most of the code has come from MikeS on #icecast
I've just been making the changes to the config file code.  Anyone that
wants to test one of the betas mail me.

Stephen
kucs.net