[icecast] time out and buffering issues

Kerry Cox kerry.cox at ksl.com
Tue Feb 17 21:52:47 UTC 2004

I've upgraded a couple servers to the latest icescast2 and ices2
sources. Everything works well with relaying.
However, I am getting some reports that after about 50 minutes the
stream on the relay machine dies and people are unable to connect again
using Winamp-2.91. They have to close up and restart Winamp.
I am thinking this may be a problem with the tree separate audio streams
I am running out of a single box. When it was just two streams, all
worked well.
I am of the opinion this might also be a network issue for these people
since I have been playing a relayed stream continuously since Friday
with no hiccups within an internal network. laso, my own master box has
three separate streams on it.
Has anyone seen any similar issues? Just wanting to rule out any
software glitches.
Thanks.
KJ

--