[icecast] changeowner question

Rod Rose rwrose at iinet.com.au
Mon Feb 16 10:52:49 UTC 2004

I just installed Icecast2 and the installation was a sucess. However, when I go to startup Icecast. It's reply is:

[root at linuxserver bin]# ./icecast -c /etc/icecast.xml
WARNING: You should not run icecast2 as root
Use the changeowner directive in the config file
[root at linuxserver bin]#

   <security>
        <chroot>1</chroot>

        <changeowner>
            <user>admin</user>
            <group></group>
        </changeowner>

    </security>

[root at linuxserver bin]# ./icecast -c /etc/icecast.xml
Couldn't find user "admin" in password file
Changed root successfully to "/usr/share/icecast".
WARNING: You should not run icecast2 as root
Use the changeowner directive in the config file
[root at linuxserver bin]#

Thanks heaps.

Nathan