[icecast] On demand relay in icecast 2?

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Sun Feb 15 20:35:49 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 19:52, Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
> Michael Smith wrote:
> > On Thursday 12 February 2004 03:05, v b wrote:
> >
> >>I'm using this on icecat 1.3.12 but it doesn't seem to work with icecast
> >>2.0.0. The relay starts as soon as icecast is started and does not drop,
> >>even if there are no clients. I've been over and over the docs and can't
> >>figure out what I'm doing wrong.
> >>

> > Icecast2 does not currently support on-demand relaying.
>
> pity. are you planning to implement it, or are there reasons apart
> from lack of time or interest?
> i'd very much like to see this feature re-appear.

If you are not too bothered about running more experimental code, then
try my mods, I've added this weekend.

http://www.xiph.org/~karl/icecast-2.0-kh26.tar.gz

just add <on-demand>1</on-demand> to the relay definition. The bulk of
the infrastructure to support on-demand relays should be going in CVS as
it really deals with something else.  The extra work for implementing
on-demand specifically needs to be discussed before going into CVS

karl.