[icecast] Icecast2 Win32: any way to minimize on start orrunas a service?

Devin Campbell devin at moonglade.com
Thu Feb 5 16:21:00 UTC 2004

You could always run this as a service using Microsoft's tools from the NT
3.5 Resource Kit.  The two tools you need are srvany.exe and instsrv.exe.
I've used this many times on Win2k with no problems.  You can download the
resource kit from Microsoft here:
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/winnt/winnt-public/reskit/nt35/i386/i386.exe

And there is an article about how to set it up here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:
80/support/kb/articles/q137/8/90.asp&NoWebContent=1

I'd be curious to know if that works out.  I think if you change the setting
to allow the service to interact with the desktop, you'll get to see the
window when you log in.  But, it's been a while since I've used this method
and I can't remember for certain.

Devin