[Icecast] icecast2 relaying question

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Fri Dec 10 16:21:09 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 00:47, Jose Otero wrote:
> I understand there are two types of relays in icecast2.  The master
> relay which relays everything from a source and  a point relay which
> relays a specific mount point from a source.

icecast can be configured as a slave so that it can relay all the
streams on a master server.

> I have a server which has 3 streams.  I want to relay 2 of them.  How
> can I do this?
>
> Can I define two relays and two mountpoints within the xml config file?

yes, strictly speaking there is no limit on the number of relays, but
you do have a limit on the number of active sources.

> <relay1>
> .
> .
> .
> </relay1>
>
> and
>
> <relay2>
> .
> .
> .
> </relay2>
>
> Anyhelp you can give me would be much appreciated.  If you have an
> example, that may work the best.

just state the the 2 <relay> definitions separately, similar to what you
have above.

karl.