[Icecast] icecast dies regulary

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Thu Dec 2 20:32:50 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 19:13, Mathias Berger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running Icecast 2.1.0 on a Debian Sarge with a 2.6.8 Kernel.
>
> After upgrading to the new version i have the problem that the icecast2
> process. It is regularly dying after running 20-26 hours.

Check how it exits, ie do you get a core file (ulimit -c), if so build
icecast with debug, retest then send us the backtrace from the core.

> There are no messages in the icecast logfile nor in any other logfile.
> The only message, which is written to the shell which started the
> process, is
>
> xsltApplyOneTemplate: template was not compiled
> xsltSaveResultTo : unknown ouput method

you should see plenty of messages in the log file, if not then you
really need to determine why logging is not working.

> Any ideas ?
> Thanks in advance for your help!

explain how icecast is being used, are relays involved, are mp3 streams
involved etc.  The references to xslt above would indicate some access
to the web interface of icecast.  Those error message are from libxslt
so that may indicate an .xsl file that has been changed, if so then make
sure it's valid.

karl.