[Icecast] Re: Converting an mp3stream from shoutcast to an ogg stream on icecast on the fly - is this possible?

andy news4 at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Sun Aug 29 18:33:09 UTC 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:35:43 +0200, the13th wrote:

> Is and how is it possible to "relay" a shoutcast stream (mp3) to an ogg
> vorbis stream over icecast in another bitrate?

If you install the jackified version of ices
(http://mediacast1.com/~karl), you could play the mp3 stream in a
jack-capable player (e.g. alsaplayer command line version?), then set the
output to that to feed into the input of ices.

Or you could try playing the stream with mpg123 -s http://url, and pipe
this into ices, set up to take pcm input from stdin. You might have to
pipe through sox as well to get the format right for ices.

--
http://www.niftybits.ukfsn.org/

remove 'n-u-l-l' to email me. html mail or attachments will go in the spam
bin unless notified with [html] or [attachment] in the subject line.