[icecast] How to handle NAT ?

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Wed Apr 28 20:41:05 UTC 2004

again, your answer lies in the <hostname> setting... This value of the
config is used for only 2 things...for m3u creation and for YP listen link
building.  In general this value should be your externally accessable name
or IP address.  However, to answer your next question of "how do I use the
automatic m3u facility from both behind the router and outside the router",
you cannot.  However, since icecast does support simple file serving, you
can create your own m3u file in the webroot and access it just as you would
static content.  So you could manually create a mystream_inside.m3u and put
your internal address in that, and a mystream_outside.m3u and put your
external address in that... Of course, if your internal address changes, or
your mountpoint changes, you'd have to update the files...anyway, not
pretty but may meet your needs.

oddsock