[icecast] icecast-2.0-kh34

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Sun Apr 25 01:30:17 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 02:03, Geoff Shang wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Wild Karl-Heinz wrote:
>
> > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > 0x08057f50 in format_mp3_write_buf_to_client (self=0x80bee00, client=0x80d5e00)
> > at format_mp3.c:311
> > 311                     if (ret < (int)refbuf->associated->len)
> >
> > what else can i do?
>
> When you get to this point, you should do a backtrace so Karl can see what
> is calling this code.  Though since this is actual icecast code and not,
> for example, a libc function, it might be enough on its own.

Normally a backtrace is best to have, but in this case it's fairly
evident that a NULL dereference is happening. This is checking if all
the inline metadata has been sent, crashing due to that fact that the
client wants some but we haven't been provided with it yet.  This could
only happen right at the beginning, so I'm guessing this is an on-demand
mp3 relay.

A better/safer test is to replace the above line with

if (client_mp3->in_metadata)

I'll change it for kh36 :)

karl.