[icecast] streaming wireless

Jamie Mcleod jamie_love10 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 21 09:50:40 UTC 2004

<DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Hi there </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>            I wonder if you can be of any help? I'm looking at streaming mp3 audio from a pc, over to a laptop. Communication will be through a wireless 802.11 b link. I have already configured the ip numbers and pinged them to ensure a connection and have download the m3m mp3 encoder and icecast streamer. The operating system being use is windows XP.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>My first stumbling block is the need for the prerequites listed, libxml2 and libxslt, but on checking in the program files they seem to already be there. It this correct? My next problem I can't get my head around is having the encoder and streamer software on the same computer. Do I still enter the the computers bind ip address for the server in the encoder seeing as there on the same computer. Or do I need some other command? </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE> </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Many thanks</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE> </DIV>