[icecast] Problem connecting to icecast2

Joe Jones joe_jones64 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 15 15:37:00 UTC 2004

I'm no expert on Ices0.3 but that config doesn't look right to me.

I'm guessing that it's imperative to have the server config as part of the
stream section since you can have multiple streams from one source going to
multiple destinations (I think anyways.. :)

Take a look at my config for ices0.3 below :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ices:Configuration xmlns:ices="http://www.icecast.org/projects/ices">
  <Playlist>
    <File>playlist.txt</File>
    <Randomize>0</Randomize>
    <Type>builtin</Type>
    <Module>ices</Module>
  </Playlist>

  <Execution>
    <Background>0</Background>
    <Verbose>1</Verbose>
    <BaseDirectory>/local/icecast2/logs</BaseDirectory>
  </Execution>

  <Stream>
    <Server>
      <Hostname>localhost</Hostname>
      <Port>8000</Port>
      <Password>hackme</Password>
      <Protocol>http</Protocol>
    </Server>

    <Mountpoint>/stream.mp3</Mountpoint>
    <Name>Name</Name>
    <Genre>Genre</Genre>
    <Description>Default description</Description>
    <URL><a href="http://81.103.61.14/</URL">http://81.103.61.14/</URL</a>>
    <Public>0</Public>

    <Bitrate>128</Bitrate>
    <Reencode>0</Reencode>