[icecast] Source Authentification

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Apr 14 01:09:26 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 23:35, EISELE Pascal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just switched to icecast 2... I was using some shell script that
> were re-encoding stream at differents bitrate but they aren't working
> anymore with icecast 2 :-(
> What is the new authentification protocol ?
> Previously, I was sending :
> SOURCE $PASSWORD $DESTMOUNTPOINT
> x-audiocast-name: $NAME
> x-audiocast-url: $URL
> x-audiocast-genre: $GENRE
> x-audiocast-bitrate: $BITRATE
> x-audiocast-public: $PUBLIC
> x-audiocast-description: $DESC
> and then the reencoded stream...
> What should I do now ? Maybe it is just a mather of case ? May I use
> "source password destmointpoint" instead of "SOURCE ...." ?
> ACL aren't used anymore ? How can I restrict connection from some
> defined hosts ?

Use HTTP Basic authentication, with a username of (by default) "source" - you
can, of course, configure a different username to use for source logins.

You can't currently restrict connections to a specific set of hosts within
icecast - nobody has been interested in implementing this. A patch would, of
course, be welcomed.

Mike