[icecast] Questions

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Sun Apr 11 12:33:33 UTC 2004

at least i found that the -kh version of icecast2
(http://xiph.org/~karl) have a config option to include theora and
speex. not sure whether its functional already, though.

the NEWS file of icecast-2.0-kh31 says

"initial implementation of multiple Ogg codec streaming, theora,
vorbis and speex. more work needed to start at theora key frame."

there is however no mention of speex in ices2 yet, so you probably
lack a source client atm.

karl, any chance of an alpha release of ices/icecast with speex
support in the next two weeks? (hint: huuge testbed :-D)

best,

jörn

> Hi:
>
> I've read that there is experimental speex and theora support in a
> development branch of icecast somewhere.  Speex would be ideal for this
> kind of thing.
>
> Geoff.
>

> --- >8 ----

The handles of a craftsman's tools bespeak an absolute simplicity,
the plainest forms affording the greatest range of possibilities for
the user's hand.
That which is overdesigned, too highly specific, anticipates
outcome; the anticipation of outcome guarantees, if not failure, the
absence of grace.
         - William Gibson, "All Tomorrow's Parties"

Jörn Nettingsmeier
Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)
http://www.linuxaudiodev.org (Linux Audio Developers)