[icecast] Questions

Jason L webby at seneca-rez.net
Sun Apr 11 04:44:29 UTC 2004

I'm streaming a police scanner online.

What would be the best encoding to use the ogg or mp3 or mp3 pro

Right now i'm using MP3 16KBPS 11KHZ and it uses about 3.1KB/sec of bandwidth. Is there something I can use that has the same quality with lower bandwith.

I've tried MP3pro using the lowest profile which I think was 20KBPS at 16KHZ and it uses 3.7KB/sec