[icecast] MP3 MetaData in WMP and RealOne

Stefan Neufeind stefan at neufeind.net
Thu Apr 8 11:34:08 UTC 2004

Did you really see meta-data? Or did it show data from the playlist-
file? Or did you see the data (name and genre) provided in the http-
header upon connect?

E.g.:
http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-
playlist.pls?rn=4219&file=filename.pls

Shows "CLUB 977 The 80s Channel (HIGH BANDWIDTH)" in WinAmp. But this
is due to the "title" set in the .pls and/or provided in the http-
header.

When I open http://64.236.34.97:80/stream/1040 directly in WMP 9, it
also shows the station-name provided by "icy-name" in the header and
the genre without problems, it seems.

So WinAmp seems to have general icy-support. But maybe it doesn't
support updates sent in the data-stream but just information provided
in the http-header?

where you see metadata actually working.

  Stefan