[icecast] How to set up mp3 and ogg streaming?

EvilOverlord eviloverlord at kucs.net
Fri Apr 2 00:10:17 UTC 2004

Sztanó Péter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm newbie, and I'd like to ask you, how to set up ices-live for mp3
> streaming? Or I am looking at bad place? Where is mp3 or ogg format
> selected?
>
> Peter

Icecast is just the server which distributes one or more audio streams
that are sent to it by a "source client".

For live ogg there is IceS v2.0 : http://icecast.org/ices.php
For live mp3 there are a choice of two:
LiveIce : http://liveice.kucs.net/
DarkIce : http://darkice.sourceforge.net/

There is some fine documentation on using IceCast here:
http://www.icecast.org/files/icecast_docs/

Stephen
KUCS.net