Re-4: [icecast] streaming MP3s?

SwiftBiscuit swiftbiscuit at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 25 13:33:11 UTC 2003

That ices-2.0-Beta2 you have installed only takes Ogg
Vorbis files as sources. Tano Fotang recommended that
you download ices-0.3 (and gave you a link to it),
which does accept mp3 files as well as Ogg Vorbis.

There are two versions of ices. The version 0.3
outputs  mp3, while version 2.0 outputs Ogg Vorbis.

See the archives for more discussion.
http://www.xiph.org/archives/icecast/5418.html

> The ices.log says
> INFO playlist-builtin/playlist_read Currently
> playing "<dateiname>.mp3"
> WARN playlist-builtin/playlist_read Corrupt or
> missing data in file "<dateiname>.mp3"
> then the thread is shut down

Do you Yahoo!?
http://shopping.yahoo.com